Low Level Laser Therapy or LLLT is an approach that makes use of red and near infra-red light over lesions or injuries – improving wound, healing soft tissue, reducing inflammation, and giving relief for chronic and acute pains.
The red and near-infrared light commonly used for Low Level Laser Therapy can be produced by high-intensity LEDs or laser. They are not as intense as a surgical laser and there is no heating effect.
When the correct intensity is used and the appropriate treatment times are followed, LLT can reduce oxidative stress and increase ATP. The result is an improvement in cell metabolism and inflammation reduction. LLLT is commonly used to improve joint conditions, non-healing leg and pressure ulcers, neuropathic pain, and soft tissue injuries.
Benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy
LLLT may provide an excellent alternative to medications or even surgery, without any side effects. It can help decrease pain, reduce inflammation, improve immunity, and regenerate tissue. It has also been proven effective in addressing various conditions that include
- Muscular Fatigue Caused by Physical Exercise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Skin Conditions
- Traumatic Brain Injury
While there are no known side effects of Low Level Laser Therapy when properly used, it’s still wise to follow these guidelines:
- LLLT can compromise thyroid function so never receive it over your thyroid
- LLLT is not for you if you are pregnant as the effects of the laser on a fetus is still unknown
- LLLT should not be used over potentially cancerous lesions as it could possibly stimulate proliferation of cancer cells
- Do not forget to wear protective eyeglasses during Low Level Laser Therapy as the light can be damaging to your retinas
If you have been suffering from pain, inflammation, or injuries, Low Level Laser Therapy is a safe and non-invasive treatment approach that you should consider. Since it is a curative process, not only will you experience the elimination of pain and other symptoms but you will also enjoy an improved immune system. Low Level Laser Therapy also helps facilitate natural healing.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of laser therapy and if it is the right treatment approach for your health concerns, do not hesitate to contact Sloan Natural Health Center. We can schedule a consultation with you so we can better assess your specific condition. Call us!