By now, you are probably already careful about keeping “fatty deposits” from your heart to avoid heart attacks. But how often do you think about how fat can accumulate in your liver, too?
Yes, there is such a thing as fatty liver, and it’s not something you want to take lightly. If you do not address this problem, it can eventually progress to a really serious liver disease, as well as many other health problems.
THERE ARE NO SYMPTOMS
When a person’s liver has accumulated excessive amounts of fat for a variety of reasons, we call the condition fatty liver. Unknown to many, however, this condition is actually more common than you probably think. The reason it is not as familiar to us as heart conditions is because it often has no symptoms until it reaches that stage when the damage results in liver cirrhosis or failure.
In some cases wherein symptoms do manifest, inflammation, as well as pain in the upper right abdomen, fatigue, and weight loss are the most common ones.
For modern medicine, fatty liver has no cure and treatment is often working towards minimizing or avoiding further buildup of fats, as well as addressing risk factors like diabetes and obesity.
Here are some ways you can reverse fatty liver naturally:
- Cut back on your carbohydrate intake as they cause metabolic syndrome, an imbalance in lipid profile often connected to fatty liver. Avoid deep-fried, charred, and processed foods, as well. Up your intake of green tea, whey protein, and soluble fiber instead.
- Do some physical activities like resistance or endurance training at least three times a week. Being active can significantly minimize the amount of stored fat in liver cells, whether or not you lose weight.
- Avoid getting stressed out. Chronic stress, especially, is associated with inflammation which can exacerbate the condition of fatty liver.
- Avoid drugs! Drugs are known to be harmful to one’s heart and brain, but studies also show that they can increase fat storage – yet another reason to stay away from them.
- Take supplements like cod liver oil and milk thistle which are known to be helpful. Apple cider vinegar is also recognized as one of the most effective remedies for fatty liver.
Fatty liver is often caused by unhealthy lifestyle, that’s why a change of lifestyle is truly important if you want to have a healthier liver. Sloan Natural Health Center can provide you with the appropriate program that can help you achieve a healthier body and a happier life!